Java Chip Meal Replacement Shake




We all went through a lot of changes these last few years. Such drastic changes can bring stress and grief and these things can lead to stress-eating. It certainly did for me. In the last few years my husband and I got married, moved in together, the world shut down and we quarantined, I started teaching in covid-land, and the hardest part- we lost a baby. 



 

.

I'm sure I will cover that in more depth in a future post. It's not totally appropriate here. But the point being that all the stresses of life effected my eating habits and I felt like I had really lost control.

Enter Fun meal shakes.


7/2021 Stress Weight Gain

In 2018 I had just lost 30lbs. Although you shouldn't  judge your worth by a number- I was proud of myself for taking control of my weight for the first time ever.

At the time, I was just counting calories, using shakes, bars etc and walking every day. It worked, but this time around I am trying to mix it up a little, which has led to some more fun recipes that have made this experience a little more enjoyable  

I am also someone who wants meals to be QUICK to make and EASILY
embedded into a routine. I do not have time to make a whole healthy breakfast everyday before school and many nights we're out and about and I need an easy predictable way to keep track of my intake. 

I also found that these shake recipes are thick enough that I consume them GRADUALLY. So, if you also have some kind of oral fixation- sipping on one of these for 30 minutes while working or walking or commuting might be helpful in replacing other mindless eating habits. It has been helpful for me.  

Excited to share the weight loss journey 2.0 here and incorporate more of these into my routine.

ANYWAY- here's the recipe



JAVA Chip Meal Replacement Shake

Ingredients

1/2 c chocolate meal replacement shake
( I'm using Body-Key as my base. Full disclosure, I do also sell it. If you have a brand you like, use that! If you want to try the one I'm using, you can get it here.)

6oz coffee (better if its already cold)

2 tsp of cacao nibs
(I used Navitas from Target)

Ice 

Instructions

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. The cacao nibs will get cut up in the blender, but maintain a crunchy texture in the shake- giving it that "chip" experience. If you use hot coffee instead of cold/room temp coffee, it will melt your ice a little, so be prepared to add a little more ice to balance out the texture. My ice cube trays produce smaller cubes than traditional square trays, so I would eyeball the ice, blend and adjust as necessary. 

Pour into favorite cup and ENJOY!

Nutritional Info:

1/2c Chocolate meal replacement shake Cal: 230  Protein: 20g   Sugar:9g   Carb: 24g  Fiber: 5g
Coffee:  Cal: 0  Protein:0   Sugar:0  Carb: 0  Fiber: 0
Ice: Cal: 0  Protein: 0   Sugar:0   Carb: 0  Fiber: 0
2tsp Cacao Nibs: Cal: 42  Protein .88  Sugar: 0   Carb 2.4  Fiber: 1.7

Total Cal: 272  Protein 20.88  Sugar: 9g   Carb 26.4  Fiber: 6.7




Comments

Popular Posts